Become A HVACR Technician
The HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration) program prepares students to install, troubleshoot and repair heating, cooling, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in residential or commercial settings. Upon completion of this course, students will have knowledge of safety, tools, air distribution, system components, and proper piping/brazing techniques. Students will be prepared to sit for the EPA 608 State Certification.
If you have any questions about this program, please use this form to contact us and a recruiter will reach out by the following business day.
Generic contact form for website
"*" indicates required fields
APPROXIMATE TUITION & FEES
What You Will Learn In The HVACR Program
Introduction to Refrigeration & A/C Fundamentals
Students will leave with a basic to intermediate level of HVACR fundamentals, refrigerant knowledge, electrical component and wiring diagram knowledge, motors of the HVACR trade, and tools needed for the HVACR trades
Students will complete with a working knowledge of flues, ventilation, ducting practices, commercial airside systems, air quality, and an introduction to hydronic systems.
Students will learn about basic electricity, electrical power, electronics in the field, electrical motors, control systems, troubleshooting fundamentals, servicing those electrical components, compressors, and all safety elements for electrical elements in the HVACR industry.
Servicing of HVACR Systems
Students will gain knowledge of Solar power and storage for use in upcoming Solar technologies, Energy management/conservation, Commercial refrigeration, Ice Machine identification/service and run scenario-based service calls for Industry related service calls.
Our HVACR Students
Is The HVACR Program Right For You?
This Program Is for Students Who:
- Would prefer to work onsite with their hands as opposed to a desk job.
- Have a desire to gain in-depth knowledge of HVACR components and systems and use that knowledge combined with critical thinking to solve on-the-job problems.
- Like to get out into the community to perform a needed service while meeting new people daily.
Students Love This Program Because:
- They learn practical skills needed to perform a wide variety of HVACR jobs while also exploring which industry they may want to specialize in.
- Small classroom sizes allow students more access to instructors and more opportunities for hands-on learning.
- They graduate from the program prepared to sit for the EPA 608 State Certification.
Single Program Tour
Do you already know what program you’re interested in? Then this is the tour for you! See all of the buildings, classrooms, and labs related to your program of interest!
Duration: 30 minutes
Not sure what program you’re interested in? No worries! This tour will take you through the buildings, classrooms, and programs related to your area of interest.
Duration: 60 minutes
All Programs Tour
If you are looking to explore a wide variety of programs or general information about Dixie Technical College, then this tour is for you!
Duration: 90 minutes