Apply for financial AidMake an appointment and let us help you navigate your way through financial aid.
Steps to take
Gather documentation for the FAFSA application
• Tax return and W-2(s)
• All forms of untaxed income, such as disability, child support, workers, compensation, untaxed pension, etc.
Complete your application for federal student aid
• Go to the FSA ID website
• Create your FSA ID (username and password)
NOTE: Dependent students will also need to have their parents create an FSA ID
If your FAFSA application shows PELL grant eligibility then
• Within approximately one week of receiving your application, you will receive a welcome email with further instructions
FINANCIAL AID AVAILABILITY
Federal Title IV Financial Aid is available for students who demonstrate financial need. Financial aid is meant to assist students in completing an eligible training program successfully and acquire a College credential. Therefore, it is the policy of Dixie Tech to award financial aid only to students enrolled for the purpose of obtaining a credential (Certificate of Program Completion 600 hours or more in length) who maintain satisfactory attendance and progress.
To apply for any type of federal student aid you must:
To be eligible to receive any type of Federal Financial Aid at the Dixie Tech the students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (as defined by federal regulations).
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Maintain satisfactory progress and attendance in the program of study according to the standards of the institution.
- Not be in default on any federal loan or owe a repayment on any grant at any school previously attended.
- Be enrolled in an eligible program.
- Be in good standing with the College.
What are pell grants
Pell Grants are the primary gift-aid program (gift-aid is aid that is provided with no expectation of repayment) offered by the federal government. Eligibility is based on an index provided by the federal government.