The Jed FoundationA Mental Health Resource Center that's ready to help you
JED Foundation website
Struggling with mental health?
- Everyone struggles at times, but if a problem is lasting too long, is too intense or feels like more than you can handle, reach out for help.
- It’s important to learn the warning signs of suicide, self-harm, and substance abuse.
- Look for changes in behavior, personality.
- It’s ok to ask for help – it doesn’t mean that you’re weak, or just want attention. Everyone needs help from time to time, and if you or a friend is struggling, you should reach out to talk to someone right away.
- Trust your gut – if you’re worried about yourself or a friend, don’t hesitate to act and get help. You don’t have to know what is wrong-just that they’re in trouble or struggling.
- Be direct with your friends – tell them you’re worried and why, ask them how they’re feeling and offer to reach out to a professional and/or family member with them or for them